Located at the western end of the La Fiere causeway the hamlet of Cauquigny witnessed heavy fighting from the 6th to 9th June 1944 between paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne Division and grenadiers of the 91st German Infantry Division. During this fighting the church was almost destroyed and battle damage can still be seen in the church yard today.
There is a plaque to the 507th PIR of the 82nd ABN located next to the entrance to the church.
Found an error with this listing or know something we don't? report it here!
A memorial to the 325th Glider Infantry Regiment in Normandy.Read more
The Airborne Trooper Statue is a tribute to the American Airborne Soldiers of D-Day. The monument is located next to the Bridge in La Fiere where on the 6th-9th of June members of the 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment and 325th Glider Regiment fought against repeated German attacks.Read more
The memorial is dedicated to the American Airborne Troops who lost their lives in the area.Read more
A shallow foxhole on the La Fiére road (D15) about 150 meters east of the bridge surrounded by a white chain cordon although attributed to General Gavin who fought in the immediate vicinity it has not been authenticated that this was his particular foxhole.Read more