Les Braves (The Braves) is a sculpture in tribute to the Allies that landed on Omaha beach. The sculpture is located in Vierville-sur-Mer on Omaha beach itself at the junction of dog red and easy green sector.
The sculpture was created by Anilore Banon and consists of three elements.
The wings of hope
So that the spirit which carried these men on June 6th 1944 continues to inspire us, reminding us that together it is always possible to change the future.
So that the example of those who rose against barbarity, helps us remain standing strong against all forms of inhumanity.
The Wings of Fraternity
So that this surge of brotherhood always reminds us of our responsibility towards others as well as ourselves.
On June 6th 1944 these men were more than soldiers, they were our brothers.
Found an error with this listing or know something we don't? report it here!
A monument to the Allies who landed on Omaha beach on the 6th June 1944. The monument is located at Saint-Laurent sur Mer on the junction of dog red and easy green sector.Read more
A plaque to commemorate Operation Aquatint, a reconnaissance mission to collect information on the surrounding area and take a German guard prisoner.Read more
Located just 300 meters from Omaha beach the Musée Mémorial d'Omaha Beach displays an impressive collection of uniforms, weapons, military vehicles, personal belongings and dioramas to guide you through the D-Day landings at Omaha Beach and PointeRead more
The National Guard Monument is located on Omaha Beach in Vierville-sur-Mer in Remembrance of the National Guard Units which participated in the amphibious assault on D-Day 6 - 7 June 1944Read more