Urville-Langannerie Military Cemetery is the only Polish cemetery in Normandy and is the resting place of soldiers from the 1st Polish Armoured Division who fought in the Battle of Normandy.
The Polish 1st Armoured Division joined the combat in France on the 8th August 1944 in the 2nd phase of Operation Totalise which was to capture the city of Falaise.
After heavy casualties the operation was stopped and replaced by operation Tractable with the aim of closing the Falaise pocket.
During the battle of Normandy over 2000 men from the Polish Armoured Division were killed or wounded.
Found an error with this listing or know something we don't? report it here!
The Bretteville-sur-Laze Canadian War Cemetery contains the remains 2,958 soldiers, 87 of them unidentified. The majority of the burials are Canadian in the later stages of the Battle of Normandy during the capture of Caen and thrust southwards to close the Falaise pocket.Read more
A memorial to 4 French aviators who were shot down over Monts d'ErainesRead more
Monts d'Eraines memorial to the 17000 Canadian Airmen who gave their lives during WW2, located at Aérodrome de Falaise - Monts d'ÉrainesRead more