|Title||Story of 2nd Battalion the Devonshire Regiment, 1944 Mar - June|
|Description||Story of 2nd Battalion the Devonshire Regiment, 1944 Mar - June|
- 4 -
15. Capture RYES 8483.
16. Fwd Coy 'Al Coy with under Comd one sec mortars,
17. Mopping up Coy - 'D' Coy.
Task:- to hold NORTHERN exits of RYES while remainder Bn move WESTWARDS along rly.
18. Res:- 'B' and 'C' Coys.
19. Objective:- RYES
20. Axis of adv:- LA GROIDE R - RYES WEST edge.
21. SP:- Hedge and river junc 877857.
22 Zero hr:- To be decided at 'O' Gp br 878859.
23. IMMEDIATE REORGANISATION
Area RYES until relieved by 1 DORSET.
(a) A tk layout:-
Two tps 288/102 A tk Bty in sp 'A' Coy.
i) tp 6 pdrs - Area SOUTH and SW RYES
Task Provent penetration into RYES
(ii) tp M10 - Area EAST - NE RYICS
Task Mobile res to deal with tk penetration EAST and WEST RYES.
'A' Coy with under comd, one det mortars - one sec Carriers.
(i) Deny SOUTHERN approaches to RYES.
(ii) Maintain brs intact.
(iii) Prevent enemy escaping from the Coast,
24. Capture LA ROSIERE and high ground 8184.
Fwd Coy: 'B' Coy
Mopping up Coy: 'C' Coy
25. Res 'D' Coy
Objective: High ground 8184.
26. Axis of adv
STA 856840 - Rly - Rd junc 84.38443 - LA ROSIERE.
27. Zero:- immediately 'D' Coy are est on NORTHERN outskirts RYES.
(Archive transcripts © Copyright Normandy War Guide)